Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Plotting her next attack...


Ok so Lilah is keeping me on my toes, but still it seems she is getting away with murder. She is always getting into everything. Cake mix, marshmallows, oatmeal, cough drops, pretty much anything she can get to. I try to keep things out of her reach, but she sniffs them out like a blood hound and can climb up the cupboard shelves and onto the counter. She also loves to move the chairs around to get easier access... or the table for that matter. Anyway this week it started out with the olive oil all over her and the floor (that was a joy to clean up), then the toothpaste in the bathroom, some chap stick all over the mirrors, and then the crib tent... and it is only Tuesday!!! Not to mention the crayon on the walls and my moisturizer all over her face that happened somewhere in between. I am completely worn out and scared to know what tomorrow will bring me.... I've gotta get some sleep!




Her third offense this week, the crib tent. Needless to say she isn't a fan. She found a few places along the zipper where the stitching was coming apart and she took care of the rest (the strings are our sorry attempt to keep it together). Not that the zipper had much use anyway. She figured out how to get it unzipped from the insde by pulling the two edges apart. I don't know what to do with her! I certainly don't want to have to buy another 80 dollar crib tent just for her to get her claws out again. This girl is something else! Gavin fell out of his crib once when he was her age and never tried to get out again... not The Bean, as you can see she was more than determined not to let this silly tent get the best of her!


2 comments:

claire said...

Wow, reading this made me really grateful for my own two year old tornado...she's not quite that mischevious! Poor you! Oh, and have you tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? It does wonders for markers, crayons, permanent markers on walls. (Not to be used on the child itself, contrary to some really dumb people's thoughts)
We moved Piper into a toddler bed, but still put a gate up in her room. That way I can check on her, she plays nicely with her toys (nothing dangerous or messy), and finally falls asleep when she's worn out, usually on the floor. Might be cheaper than another tent, just an idea.

Shar said...

where do you find a crib tent? I think we are in need of one...Kapria has now climbed out of her crib. But we've tried it as a bed, and she won't stay in bed. So I'm on the hunt...